To make this sensory bin, I used dry black beans (one bag) and various items from around the house. For my reading kids, I made a list of items for them to find so this also becomes an opportunity to practice their reading. For my non-readers, I included a sheet of visual cues for them to search for the items (as my artistic skills are lacking, I will not be including a picture of that sheet!).
As I used things we already had, the entire bin cost just over $1 as I was able to pick up the bag of black beans on sale. This was a simple, inexpensive and versatile sensory bin and the kids loved it!